This position will be responsible for effectively installing, operating, and maintaining Distributed Antenna Systems and perform all RF antenna work. In addition, the individual will be required to lead and direct crews, explain and execute project plans, and report to RF lead on regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tower climbing experience and comfortability is a must, certification preferred.
- Requires the understanding of how to install fiber and coax cables that inter-connect the DAS and site RF related components.
- Requires the knowledge of telecommunication equipment identification, operation and functionality that pertain to specific carriers.
- Requires knowledge of MODS project plans and how to operate and execute effectively.
- Ability to operate sweep testers, signal generators, and fiber test equipment.
- Ability to perform installation of new, or replacement of, antenna and feed lines, and provide sweep test documentation.
- Lead, direct, mentor, and maintain the RF crew, in order to get a project complete safely and efficiently as possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of relative RF experience with 2 years as a lead
- Anritsu Certification preferred
- Tower Climber Certification preferred
- Must possess a Valid California Driver’s License with less than 3 points
- Basic computer skills, ability to learn company software programs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong references, high ethical standards, and good human relations skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills– Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service– Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support– Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Professionalism– Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality– Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity– Completes work in timely manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality– Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability– Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Service Order Processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.