This position will be responsible for securing the knowledge base to effectively install, operate, and maintain DAS Systems. (Distributed Antenna Systems). In addition, the individual will be required to have knowledge in performing site assessments, evaluation of existing electrical telco interface systems. Effectively generate CAD drawings as required. Also able to perform basic RF antenna work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilize state of the art electronic test equipment, measuring devices, meters and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, wiring, repairing, maintaining and testing wireless, transmission, and associated equipment. Ability to operate sweep testers, signal generators, and fiber test equipment.
Possess the mechanical aptitude and ability to install equipment racks, battery equipment, and DC power cabling. This position will require a sound knowledge of telecommunication equipment identification, operation and functionality that pertain to specific carriers. These components include, but are not limited to, power plant and rectifier systems, battery backup systems, power distribution racks, fiber and inter-connect components.
Possess the knowledge of basic DAS equipment and related inter-connect equipment. This equipment being Cisco SIAD, Ciena, Fiber Mux modules. This work will also include installation of fiber and coax cables that inter-connect the DAS and site RF related components. The individual must be able to cut and install uni-strut, ladder rack and cable tray systems. Perform required incidental and preventative maintenance on cell site, power equipment, transmission, and associated equipment, and completes necessary logs, reports and postings.
Possess skills to efficiently design equipment configuration and cabling requirements and generate these designs in AutoCAD format. Should have ability to perform basis project management and lead small crews in the mobilization, installation, start up and integration of both cellular and DAS systems.
Adhere to safety practices and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a Valid California Driver’s License with less than 3 points
- Knowledge of and/or interest in electrical and HVAC is helpful but not necessary.
- Basic computer skills, ability to learn company software programs
- Ability to work alone, with strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong references, high ethical standards and good human relations skills
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs and be on your feet the majority of the day
- Forklift experience helpful but not essential (training will be provided)
- Must use GPS navigation or able to accurately plan routes
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Higher education desired and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.