The Closeout Specialist is a organized, detail oriented, professional individual who is responsible for constructability reviews, project completion, and closeout documentation. The candidate should have the ability to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of procedures and techniques for both new site builds and mods. This position is ideal for an individual who was previously a hands-on foreman. This position will be remote until COVID-19 safety precautions change, and then onsite either in Sacramento, CA or Concord, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare closeouts for projects for all the wireless carriers: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
- Knowledge and capabilities of contract closeout procedures, methods, and contract types
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry with skills and ability to do close out projects in an organized and efficient manner.
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide accurate status of closeout activity as needed to management
- Closeout specialist should have impeccable interpersonal and communication skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2 years of relative construction project closeout experience
- A minimum of 5 years using Microsoft programs, with focus on Microsoft Excel.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous hands-on field experience is a huge plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and provide a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Service Order Processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.